UK Remora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...no problems with it yet. Had it about a year I think.

My UK Remora knife is sitting in a closet.

Nowdays I dive with a 2" lockback knife in my BC pocket, adding a pair of EMT shears on occasion. The folding knife is smaller, and doesn't create any drag when in the pocket.

Clipped to a bungee cord inside my pocket, it is readily accessible and has a short lanyard to loop around my wrist ---- if I NEED the knife, I want it secured somehow so it can't be dropped.

YMMV,

Charlie Allen

O-ring,

Did you have to modify the sheath to thread the 2" webbing through it? I had a Remora that I sold with an old BC (it was semi-permanently attached to a pocket) and I don't recall it having a wide enough slot for 2" webbing. I would sure buy another one if I didn't have to modify to sheath too much.

crab once bubbled...
O-ring,

Did you have to modify the sheath to thread the 2" webbing through it? I had a Remora that I sold with an old BC (it was semi-permanently attached to a pocket) and I don't recall it having a wide enough slot for 2" webbing. I would sure buy another one if I didn't have to modify to sheath too much.
The sheath fit the 2" webbing right out of the box...no modifications needed.

had mine since i started diving. i like it because it's small.

it's mounted the same way as o-ring's - though i lost the bungee on the sheath ages ago. the canvas is thick, stiff and sewn snug enough that i have't felt the need to tie another bungee (i do have sea snips in my thigh pocket, though) -it's that snug.

the remora has retained it's sharpness, and i had occasion to try it a couple of months ago - freeing a fish from a discarded fishing net. worked fine :)

Nice little knife. I have it on my weight belt, out of the way.

I have a larger Wenoka attached to my console.

i just received the Remora as an early
Christmas present. can someone tell
me what the four little holes are for
on the back of the sheath?

Also I have to firmly hold the sheath
in my left hand and really pull on the
knife with my right to unsheath it.
Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't
seem practical to have to use this much force
to unsheath the knife. (and I havent mounted
it yet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/