UK Remora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there were two backs that came with mine and either could be screwed down. One was the std 2" webbing adaptor and the other was a LP Hose tube to mount it on your reg. I think I threw away the latter, but someone might like it over mounting it to their BC.

jwh

I am wondering if the shop did not give
me everything that is supposed to go
with the knife then.

i have the hard sheath with four holes in the
back....hmmm?

Mine had the knife, sheath, two backs, screws, 4 washer-like doohickies that allow the sheath to be screwed into fabric (webbing, I suppose), and instructions. All in a box that was taped shut. I purchased two (for my wife and I) from LeisurePro. Pretty happy with them...

jwh

Wow - this is a one well-designed piece of gear! I mount mine like O-ring does on my backplate harness and the blade is still rust-free after a bunch of dives, even around the tang of the blade. It complements well the EMT shears I also carry.

Since 3 years & 200 dives, I have had UK Remora attached to the LP-hose of my BC-Inflator where it’s not in the way but easy to reach. Prefer this set up to the larger knife I used to have strapped to my leg . After dive trips (20 dives or more) I remove the plastic & rubber parts from the knife, give all the parts a good cleaning before applying a thin coat of silicon grease to the entire SS part of the knife. Up to now, the knife does not have a spot of rust.

;-> gjw

newbie-in-fl:
I am wondering if the shop did not give
me everything that is supposed to go
with the knife then.

Did you ever get this figured out? BTW, I saw one a before Christmas that was mounted to the 2 in webbing on the left vert chest side. Not through the strap, but screwed into the webbing. Had to admit, it was pretty nicely located...

jwh

Yogi...
The LDS did not give me the attachement for the sheath
to the BC hose....

They have been ordered and I have been waiting
for it for about a month

Back
Top Bottom