UK SL4 switch repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LGH

Registered
Reaction score
I have two SL4's that are unusable because of broken switches. I believe I have managed to break them because the batteries I have been using lately are a little wider and require some force to insert properly. This has not been the case with, for example, Duracell batteries.

Anyhow, does anybody know if you can get a replacement switch from somewhere, and if so how do I replace the broken originals?

I ended up removing the switch assemblies and fixing them by hand. I didn't need any spare parts, just some well directed violence in appropriate amounts. Putting it all back together was the tricky part, but it seems the inside part of the switch will only fit in one way (so you cannot insert it in the wrong way), so chances of doing it wrong are really slim.

I would try contacting UK. I contacted them in the past, and even though they couldn't help me, they were genuinely nice. I had a UK 1200 with a broken switch trigger (the actual switch is on the circuit board.) The light is at least 26 years old but saw very little diving. It has on the canister "Lifetime Guarantee." Apparently it was a dog's lifetime they were talking about.

Back
Top Bottom