Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just now seen a post on Facebook - the Feds asked the two companies to work together on the same days - Winjet agreed and Ultramar said no.....

If I was the Feds - I'd tell Ultramar to take their boats elsewhere or sell them to Winjet and not let them work at all, suspend their permits until they agreed to do it....

VOZ Urbana
2tSponhsloreehd ·

ULTRAMAR REJECT DAILY RUNS
#Cozumel. - The #Overseas ship refused to sign an agreement with the Federal Commission for Protection from Health Risks (Cofepris), to work every day together with the company #Winjet and thus to avoid agglomerations at the Cozumel and Beach docks Carmen.
Javier Toledo, coordinator of #COFEPRIS in the central area of Quintana Roo, regretted this decision and clarified that the Winjet company was willing to establish this agreement.

Sounds like a good opportunity for Winjet to increase market share. They can have all the business on odd days and half the business on even days. My bet is Ultramar would have no choice but to respond by sailing on Winjet's days, too.

Sounds like a good opportunity for Winjet to increase market share. They can have all the business on odd days and half the business on even days. My bet is Ultramar would have no choice but to respond by sailing on Winjet's days, too.
Official or Unofficial its been a duopoly for many years, it's not going to happen. I suspect with the demise of the owner Ultramar the current crop of thieves running it have no idea what to do if the gravy train is compromised. There are also the officials whose hands are not going to return to their pockets.

Official or Unofficial its been a duopoly for many years, it's not going to happen. I suspect with the demise of the owner Ultramar the current crop of thieves running it have no idea what to do if the gravy train is compromised. There are also the officials whose hands are not going to return to their pockets.
We did have a good company in the ferry business for awhile. We used them exclusively. They went out with a bang.

We did have a good company in the ferry business for awhile. We used them exclusively. They went out with a bang.
While the Borge's were corrupt and reprehensible, I also enjoyed Barco's Caribe. Its the only time I have ever seen Winjet and Ultramar compete on service or price.

Reactions: BRT
While the Borge's were corrupt and reprehensible, I also enjoyed Barco's Caribe. Its the only time I have ever seen Winjet and Ultramar compete on service or price.
Corrupt? In Mexico?

Just now seen a post on Facebook - the Feds asked the two companies to work together on the same days - Winjet agreed and Ultramar said no.....

If I was the Feds - I'd tell Ultramar to take their boats elsewhere or sell them to Winjet and not let them work at all, suspend their permits until they agreed to do it....

VOZ Urbana
2tSponhsloreehd ·

ULTRAMAR REJECT DAILY RUNS
#Cozumel. - The #Overseas ship refused to sign an agreement with the Federal Commission for Protection from Health Risks (Cofepris), to work every day together with the company #Winjet and thus to avoid agglomerations at the Cozumel and Beach docks Carmen.
Javier Toledo, coordinator of #COFEPRIS in the central area of Quintana Roo, regretted this decision and clarified that the Winjet company was willing to establish this agreement.
Is there reason other than collusion why Winjet couldn't just start running every day irrespective of what Ultramar does?

Is there reason other than collusion why Winjet couldn't just start running every day irrespective of what Ultramar does?

That'd be cool if they just posted next weeks ferry schedule on Facebook and it was everyday and not just odd or even days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom