Ultrasonic cleaner recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 cup?! How big is it? 100 ml?!

One cup is about 235 ml, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the ratio of simple green crystal to water.

1 to 8 or 1-10 works well for heavy cleaning, 1-10 to 1-30 works well for medium cleaning and degreasing, and 1-30 to 1-50 works well for light cleaning and degreasing.

I use 1-8 for ultrasonic cleaning.

I use 1-30 for any subsequent O2 cleaning of regulators, valves and tanks.

Here is an E-Bay unit (China) that I picked up several months back and hauled down to a friend in Cozumel New Stainless Steel 2 L Liter Industry Heated Ultrasonic Cleaner Heater w Timer | eBay it has a little larger tank @ 5.85" x 5.46" x 3.9" (L x W x H) and runs about $62 USD. So far he is happy with it.

That's the one I bought. Economical for light use. We don't have harbor freight in Canada, and our acklands is actually acklands-grainger and has almost none of the products seen on the US site, so ebay it was.

It works very well - I use dilute simple green and/or dilute vinegar and it's done a fantastic job allowing me to refurbish leaky wing inflators. Bonus - it does a wonderful job cleaning jewelry. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom