Ultrasonic Cleaner Repair.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone ever tried to repair an ultrasonic cleaner with a broken transducer? One of the transducers in my cleaner is actually smoking the other one is working fine. How do you remove and replace the transducer and are transducers generic?

I think this belongs in the "Advanced Scuba DIY" forum. :D .....looking forward to the answers.

The cure may be difficult but the prevention is easy. Don't buy a used UC off of eBay. lol

My first question is can you get any info on it, parts list, schematic and the like or does the manuf consider it a trash when breaks item. If you can't get any info then odds of repair are slim IMO.

I haven't tried but I can call to see if they are still in business. This machine is a bit different in that one transducers is mounted at the bottom of the tank and another is mounted on the side of the tank. Each is controlled by a simple on/off switch. The unit has no timers or heat. The transducer at the bottom of the tank works. The transducer on the side of the tank "works" but has a small area that glows and smokes. I assume something broke down in the transducer and I am getting some type or arcing, inside it. So it seems to me the transducer on the side of the tank needs to be replaced. I don't remember but there may be a simple schematic inside the unit.

Surprisingly, a search against "ultrasonic transducer" on eBay returns quite a few matches, 35W, 50W. The problem is seller don't give any specs, so their suitability is questionable.

OTOH, I paid mine $30, and I don't think it's worth the trouble repairing it if/when it fails.

Surprisingly, a search against "ultrasonic transducer" on eBay returns quite a few matches, 35W, 50W. The problem is seller don't give any specs, so their suitability is questionable.

OTOH, I paid mine $30, and I don't think it's worth the trouble repairing it if/when it fails.

I have never known Brother Zung to shy away from a DIY challenge, or do a cost-benefit analysis. Have I entered a parallel universe?

The offending unit looks like this:

$(KGrHqN,!jcFELPZTbc8BRMV8ylP+!~~60_12.JPG

The company is still in business but something tells me these units are not made in Miami, and that no one will have a clue how to service it. This model does not appear to be made anymore but a similar current unit is over $250. The transducers on eBay are not the same as what is in this unit. The ones in this unit are disk shaped not bell shaped.

You are right given I paid I think $25 for the unit and the one that is pictured went for $5.00 it is probably better to keep watching eBay for another unit but what is the fun with that? Also the unit can still be used, if I don't turn on the vertical switch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom