Unboxing my new Shearwater Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG. I can't stand it. I just updated my Petrel 2 and was once again so impressed that I broke down and order a Perdix for my partner. I am definitely too good to him.:D

What is this the Perdix Owners Thread? Can someone start an Oceanic Geo 2.0 Owners Thread so I can feel worthy?

Bratface and rb9228, enjoy your Perdix. The only reason I am going to get into tec diving is so I am 'forced' to get one!

You don't have to be a tech diver to own one. I have had seven computers in twelve years of diving. Five of them died under warranty and were replaced by the manufacturer. One of the replacements died on the first dive and another died before it ever got in the water. One went crazy and screamed through the entire dive, believed I was at 450 feet and demanded a deco stop. So while I haven't had to purchase seven computers, I thought it was best to upgrade. I also dive with a backup.

I'm glad Shearwater came out with the Perdix. It opened up the market for used Petrel 2's.

Back
Top Bottom