Under the wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svnipp

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Total noob question here, but what do most guys wear under a wetsuit? I would have to guess a Speedo would probably be the most comfortable since anything with a lot of material like regular swim trunks would bunch up. Just curious.

I wear a ScubaPro 1.0 mm shorts. The legs fall about mid-calf length.

You're right, typical swim trunks will bunch up, and it's not the most comfortable. I see lots of guys do it.

I haven't worn a Speedo since I was a kid in high school. I guess some guys wear them, but it's not for me.

Conventional trunks really won't be a problem at all but I usually wear jammers, the speedos with the bike short cut.

Pete

I wear underarmour type underpants. Quick dry and don't bunch up.

Nothing. I'm never comfortable with anything under my wetsuits. If I wore some spandex shorts or something, that would probably be okay, but why spend the extra money when I'm more comfortable with nothing on under the suit?

I always wore my regular swim trunks and never had a problem with bunching of material. I think that is the case mainly because I also wore a dive skin to make it easier to get the suit on and off.....the side effect was that it held the bathing suit in place and prevented bunching. YMMV

Compression shorts or Scubapro 1 mm Hybrid shorts.

Yeah. I figure that I'll wear a pair of jammers under the wetsuit. Definitely don't want to go commando since it's a rental wetsuit. Seems going commando is more trouble when it comes to suiting up since you are going to need a little privacy for that. Not a big deal in some cases, but in others not real appropriate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom