Under the wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Army PT shorts, think Umbro.

Very light, and I cure bunching after I've suited up halfway by just reaching down and pushing the shorts down. After that they stay right in place, they have a net inside to keep things in place, and they were cheap (they only cost me my life :wink: ). I'm sure that any running-type shorts would work just fine, however, and not risk embarrassing statements from the dive buddies' kids like other undergarments could.

I also use a Mysterioso brand shirt underneath as it provides a bit of extra insulation, helps seal the suit at the neck to my head, and lets everything slip on easier.

Peace,
Greg

:no:"Friends don't let Friends wear Speedo's":no:

Underarmour works for me.

I'm very surprised at the concern over "privacy" on a boat. It's quite easy to don/doff a wetsuit with a towel wrapped around your waist. And speedos don't show anything more than a properly fitted wetsuit does, so I don't get that concern either.

That said, use what works. If you're concerned about offending others or your own comfort, find something that you can adjust to your comfort level and use it.

I've been able to be comfortable with regular swim trunks, but I do take a few seconds to get it as "unbunched" as possible.

Regular bathing suit whether its a 2mm shorty or a 7mm full....no problems ever

Total noob question here, but what do most guys wear under a wetsuit? I would have to guess a Speedo would probably be the most comfortable since anything with a lot of material like regular swim trunks would bunch up. Just curious.

I have a pair of Tyr Durafast that I wear. Dries fast...and no bunching.

I wear underarmour type underpants. Quick dry and don't bunch up.

I use the Underarmour type underwear as well. They work great for this purpose.

So, I have to wear trunks (especially when diving with my daughter -- yikes!) but my butt itches if I just wear trunks so, it's speedos underneath.

Speedo's? That's way more gross than changing with a towel around your waist. Put that package away people! Come on...guys wear nothing under their wetsuits, some girls wear bikini's. Any questions?
Get Wet!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom