Undergarment dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

conallmeehan44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone, I’m currently using the fourth element artic top and bottom in a membrane drysuit but I’m still feeling the cold. Should I invest in dry gloves, a better hood or maybe a sea skin under suit to wear over my artics?

For northern Europe you need warmer stuff. Some people use the fe artic and are OK but for most people it isn't. Something like bz400 from Rofos or another brand is better for cold water.

If your hood isn't warm enough, then you will lose an enormous amount of heat there. Drygloves were a game changer for me personally.
If you're using a thin hood and wetgloves, then you will end up cold no matter what undergarments you're using under your drysuit.

I recommend the waterproof H1 10mm hood. I tried a lot and it's by far the best hood. I know a lot of people diving it.

Dry gloves are absolutely nice. I wouldnt dive without them. If your core (torso) is cold, get a thicker undergarment, and a better hood.
I don't know the fourth element, but it look very thin?

I like the scubaforce x-nine. It's very flexible and warm. I dive it year around.

Next level is a heated vest.. but usually it's not needed, just nice to have. You get more out of a good undergarment

FE make a vest that seems to work well too as an additional undergarment

Hood - 8mm or more
wicking base layer - under armor cold gear or something like that
400g+ undergarments
dry gloves with thick under gloves - wool
wool socks with drysuit undergarment socks

put it all together and stay warm

Back
Top Bottom