Undergarment dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hands head and feet must be warm......
Head, hands and feet.

Can only guess how cold the OP is diving based on the Ireland location.

A better hood would depend on what you are using now. Wrong size or really thin, yes a good hood will help a lot. But if already good, better probably won't.

Dry gloves won't help if your core is cold. But they will do wonders for keeping the hands more comfortable.

I wear a merino wool base layer under my Fourth Element Arctics and if it is really cold I add a Fourth Element X-Core Vest.

For northern Europe you need warmer stuff. Some people use the fe artic and are OK but for most people it isn't. Something like bz400 from Rofos or another brand is better for cold water.
I had been using a BZ200 and switched to Fourth Element Arctics, and I feel they provide about the same level of insulation. The OP definitely needs more than that.

I had been using a BZ200 and switched to Fourth Element Arctics, and I feel they provide about the same level of insulation. The OP definitely needs more than that.
i use 4th elentment as well . more freedom than a jumpsuit type . and yes good base layers are a must , good hood and dry gloves . i dive Lake Supeior in US a constant 38F -42F and stay warm. . I tried several diff. types and found 4th elent arctic to be the best .

What would you suggest, should I just get a brand new thicker undergarment or a cheaper undergarment to wear in conjunction with my artics?

What would you suggest, should I just get a brand new thicker undergarment or a cheaper undergarment to wear in conjunction with my artics?
See post #12. I have used that combo in 30 degree F water with drygloves using Ragg Wool liners.

i use 4th elentment as well . more freedom than a jumpsuit type . and yes good base layers are a must , good hood and dry gloves . i dive Lake Supeior in US a constant 38F -42F and stay warm. . I tried several diff. types and found 4th elent arctic to be the best .
Not sure where the BZ200 came from in my post never used it i have tried several jump suits . They suck no movement and froze my unit off . good base layer and artic 4th element . Now comfortable . Good Luck .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom