Undergarments for hunters used in drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, this is totally off topic, but I looked at the title of this thread and for a second thought I was on a WOW board.

I use a Chili's half-zip long sleeve top for my base layer. As long as they are designed to wick moisture away from the skin, they should work.

By the way, a source of reasonably priced custom undergarments is Softwear: SoftWear Pricing Information

I always used the same stuff I was wearing skiing or climbing. It kept me warm at -40, it does the same thing under my dry suit.

I only use normal everyday thermal underwear. Usually have a pair of jeans on over them. I just can't bring myself to buy thermal underwear that costs hundreds of dollars and probably is no better than what I am wearing. I would rather spend my money on other dive gear. But then again I have a limited experience since I just got my dry suit last year and made maybe 50 dives with it so my experience is limited. Will be using it again as soon as I get home from Iraq! No diving here. Well, maybe I should say no scuba diving!

Whatever you use, go with something that WICKS the moisture way from your skin. You'll not get the clammy feeling after you get out of your suit. I've had people drip all over my stuff and get it totally wet. All I need to do is wring it out, put it on and my body heat will dry it the rest of the way. I'll be ready to get back into my suit by the end of the surface interval. If you ski or climb, the saying is cotton kills.

I've always just worn jeans and a t-shirt too, thought I was the only one that did that. I have a pretty thick neoprene suit. I'd like to get a new one maybe a Dive Rite 905 or a Pinnacle Evo 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom