Undersuit for trilaminate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jos

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought myself a Santi Enduro dry suit with a Santi BZ200 Thinsulate undersuit. According Santi this undersuit is meant for relatively cold water ranging in temperature from 7 - 14 deg C (45 - 57 deg F). The undersuit is really warm (and I mean really warm ...), so for water warmer than that it is not so good (I don't consider myself a person that easily 'freezes'). In my 'quest' for a new undersuit that would allow dry suit diving in 14 - 20 deg C (57 - 68 deg F) I read many articles etc. but it is difficult to derive a conclusion: different types, different ways to indicate usage (what I consider still acceptable can be really cold for others...). Anyway, I hope there are some experienced dry suit divers out there that may give me some practical solutions.
So far I looked at the following types/suggestions:
- Santi CDS 40 (may be a good choice?): priced around EUR 130-150
- Weezle compact (probably too warm?): priced around EUR 180-200
- Seemann subtech, a kind of double fleece (may be a good choice?): EUR 100
- Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 set (I read a reaction, where someone recommended this type of 260 gr/m2 merino wool): EUR 150 for one set shirt/legging
Additional question is what minimum underclothing is required to avoid squeeze effects.
I hope some of you can share their experience with me i.e. type of undersuit for Trilaminate drysuit incl water temperature indication. Thanks

PS It may be good to know that my dives are normally in the 15-25 meter range and no longer than max 60 minutes; without extended decompression stops.

One undergarment to consider for that temperature range is the fourth element xerotherm arctic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom