Underwater Archaeology

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Slim

New
Reaction score
Hi there boarders, I'm a newbie to the site and relatively new to diving but hooked in a big way.

I'm an archaeologist by trade with over 12 years experience and have been Padi AOW certified for about a year now, and am thinking of going back to Uni to study Underwater and Maritime Archaeology in Southampton in the UK.

I'm here now to see if any of you guys and gals out there know anything about getting involved in this type research or training in the subject probably in the UK but potentially further afield if the timing is right over the next year before the postgrad course starts late Sept 2006.

Please tell me about your experiences in this field if you have any, how you got involved and more about the potential for work internationally.

Yours

King Slim

King Slim:
I'm here now to see if any of you guys and gals out there know anything about getting involved in this type research or training in the subject probably in the UK

Don't have any experience in this field, but you could try contacting the Nautical Archaeological Society. I know they offer training courses for divers wanting to take part in this sort of activity. Maybe they can offer some further information.

Thanks UK Wreck diver...
This may well be the best interim step although the MA/MSc at Southampton does cover several of these courses due to the close partnership between the Uni and the NAS in portsmouth.

King Slim

Hi there:

Suggest you look at Texas A&M's program. George Bass is faculty.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom