Underwater base jumping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the article is slightly incorrect. (part fiction)

He never claimed he went all the way to the bottom. In fact one article I read on it stated he only went 300 something feet down.

the rest of the news media that picked up the story only made poor assumptions.... which is pretty common with our news media.

so what do they do.... they make more assumptions that it was "part fiction". :shakehead:

Let's not cloud issues here. We are looking at a very interesting piece of freediving and film making. Who cares about what the media says or does.

So, mike s, what do you think of that clip?

Let's not cloud issues here. We are looking at a very interesting piece of freediving and film making. Who cares about what the media says or does.

well the issue was clouded by posting an article that was not factually true..... It's fair to respond to that.

Posting just the video removes that issue.

So, mike s, what do you think of that clip?

It was awesome... I liked is so much I posted it on my Facebook page last week

Anyway, here's the HD version of the video if anyone wants to see just the video

[youtubehq]uQITWbAaDx0[/youtubehq]

Am I missing something? Isn't this video mostly CGI? They way they quickly switch angles at the start of the "jump" with no cameras, divers or gear from the previous angle in sight (just like a video game) and the lack of obvious lighting on the way down.:confused:

CGI? There is no CGI in this, what have you been smoking (and can I have some?)

This a was film shot over multiple takes of the free-diving "dive".

That's some pretty hardcore camera work. Love the panning sequence 2 min into the movie, where they go from one side to the other shot from underneath.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom