Underwater Bohol & Anilao with the Olympus XZ-1 & PT-050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lyndon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just got back from the Philippines where the diving is unbelievably good. #1 on my list for a coral reef addict like me.

P5090673.jpg

P5090682.jpg

P5090652.jpg

P5090616.jpg

P5090660.jpg

Im just a beginner and found out from the number of shots I deleted that I have a long way to go! :)

The olympus XZ-1 is a great camera and does some great bokeh too underwater. The housing is awesome. The battery life is pretty average and I found that I had enough battery for about 1.5 - 2 dives. I missed a realy nice cuttlefish mating shot cause the battery died on me in the beginning of my second dive and after that I changed batteries every dive. Glad I took 2 spares with a separate charger. I hope someone comes out with a better battery.

I used the Inon UWL-100 WA lens since the pics were just for keepsakes. There was some image softness noticeable as mentioned by scott and some others with this lens. I hope INON puts out another for this housing.
I love this camera nevertheless.

The olympus XZ-1 is a great camera and does some great bokeh too underwater. The housing is awesome. The battery life is pretty average and I found that I had enough battery for about 1.5 - 2 dives. I missed a realy nice cuttlefish mating shot cause the battery died on me in the beginning of my second dive and after that I changed batteries every dive. Glad I took 2 spares with a separate charger. I hope someone comes out with a better battery.

I used the Inon UWL-100 WA lens since the pics were just for keepsakes. There was some image softness noticeable as mentioned by scott and some others with this lens. I hope INON puts out another for this housing.
I love this camera nevertheless.

nice pics! I have not dove with my XZ-1/PT-050 yet, so cannot comment on battery life. however, I found with my Oly SP-350/PT-030, I could get ~12 dives or so per battery, by turning off my camera when not shooting. the olympus cameras power up very quickly. check it out...

Bruce

Love the shrimp shot.
Do u have a photo editing software?
Cos im sure ur pics will look better if it were edited. WB especially.
My $0.02.
Happy Diving!

nice pics! I have not dove with my XZ-1/PT-050 yet, so cannot comment on battery life. however, I found with my Oly SP-350/PT-030, I could get ~12 dives or so per battery, by turning off my camera when not shooting. the olympus cameras power up very quickly. check it out...

Bruce
I had the Sp-350 too and it did give me decent battery life with the RCRV3 battery and I could also turn off the display instead of turning off the camera and the battery did last quite awhile. I tried to turn off the display on the XZ-1 and they seemed to have taken out that function (or i havent yet figured out how to black out the display)

Love the shrimp shot.
Do u have a photo editing software?
Cos im sure ur pics will look better if it were edited. WB especially.
My $0.02.
Happy Diving!
I do...I need to learn how to use it :shakehead:
Thanks.

I had the Sp-350 too and it did give me decent battery life with the RCRV3 battery and I could also turn off the display instead of turning off the camera and the battery did last quite awhile. I tried to turn off the display on the XZ-1 and they seemed to have taken out that function (or i havent yet figured out how to black out the display)

I do...I need to learn how to use it :shakehead:
Thanks.

I did not just turn off the display on my SP-350. I turned off the entire camera.

Bruce

Wont turning it on and off several times a diveconsume more than just leaving it on say in the image view mode?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom