Underwater camera at Race Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapitanBlack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had lots of fun today installing underwater camera, accompanied by a bunch very curios Stellar sea lions. They were everywhere (one of them was biting my fins), but quite friendly. Didn't have too much time for taking pictures and my camera is a c$#y one - so, I have what I have.

https://picasaweb.google.com/101114147807981288123/RaceRocksEnviromentalReserve#

PICT0157.JPG

Today I have finished installation tasks and now camera is working on permanent basis. This is up to Pearson College management when to open it for public access, but it should happen soon.
Meanwhile, here are few pictures from camera.

T

Is that a big turd in the pic or a sealion?

Actually it is a good spot for it, I know when I mention diving vancouver island, most say they wont go cause of the victoria sewage problem, and that diving in the san juans has dropped to nothing cause they feel it is just gross. I hope they can speed there process for a treatment plant to change the diving thoughts of the tourist divers.

Is that a big turd in the pic or a sealion?

Actually it is a good spot for it, I know when I mention diving vancouver island, most say they wont go cause of the victoria sewage problem, and that diving in the san juans has dropped to nothing cause they feel it is just gross. I hope they can speed there process for a treatment plant to change the diving thoughts of the tourist divers.

If the tourists are stupid enough to avoid all of Vancouver island because of a lack of sewage treatment plant in Victoria then it's their loss.

Diving around (and in) Victoria is amazing - I dove in Vancouver area two years and can compare. Here marine life is much more abundant... Maybe thanks to sewage problem! :) The Ogden Point Breakwater is my next target for underwater camera - here are soooo many thing to see...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom