Underwater Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no1rookie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at getting a new underwater camera and I am not sure which one I should get. I have been looking at the Sealife dc1200 or the Sea and Sea dx1200. Does anyone have some insight as to which I should buy? I have been looking at the specs for both and I am just asking for some opinions.

Thanks for any help.

I was looking at this one also. So I'd be interested if anyone can link us to pictures taken with this camera. Neg/Positives of it. Also if there is a similar camera which has more positives I'd be happy to hear those too.

I was also looking at this camera and the salesman pushed me in the direction of getting the mini II or going for a different camera. I wanted something I can shoot underwater and out of the water and he said the dc1200 has a problem with shock damage. Water hitting it hard or dropping it and the camera is done according to him. I just thought I would share with what I heard but I don't know if its true.

I have used the Sea&Sea DX-1g for several years and just bought the 2G. I like the 1G and 2G cameras because they can be used as a point and shoot camera or in full manual mode. I have been really happy with the pics I've gotten both as a land camera and underwater camera. These cameras will grow with you as your skills improve and allow you switch to the full manual mode. There are also several additional lenses that you can attach (wide angle, macro, fisheye, etc).

You can check out my photos link in the box to the left on this post for expamples of pitures I have taken with the 1G.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom