Wanted Underwater cell phone housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkdcol

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cheap used cellphone housing for an older (also read cheap) smartphone. It's for a project to try to make an underwater monitor for a gopro. If you have the cellphone that matches, even better

Keep in mind a wireless wi-fi or Bluetooth monitor isn't a viable option underwater: Does GoPro Wifi Work Underwater? GoPro Tips & Tricks

(Note: dive computer air integrated wireless transmitters are totally different to be able to work underwater: 2.4GHz is useless underwater, for comparison 38kHz is what Shearwater SWIFT Air Integrated transmitters use and my understanding is below 10kHz would conceptually be even better underwater..).

The initial plan was "wired wifi", but I recently found some gopro cases that have a bulk head in them. So the new plan is just to hardwire the monitor with a micro hdmi cable. And change the cellphone for a slightly larger LCD screen en encapsulated in a polycarbonate casing

Back
Top Bottom