Underwater Cinematography Workshop in Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff_S

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are holding a two-day underwater cinematography workshop at the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival Oct 25 and 26.

We'll be working in a pool with various video cameras and housings, underwater lighting equipment, PA system, etc.

This is all about integrating underwater footage into a film or video project and will include training in underwater cameras and lighting, safety, crew coordination, good swimming techniques with a camera, good trim, and good bouyancy.

http://hsdfi.org/2006/10/Festival/underwater.htm

Come join us...it should be great fun!

That sounds fun, let me know if you have plans to do a workshop in Georgia or if you know of some one else plans to.

How about AZ I need this kind of help......

We can do these anywhere, we just need a sponsoring agency or organization. In the case of Arkansas, the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival thought it would be a great idea and booked it instantly. They're getting a ton of press and PR for the festival and we get to have a great time training about 20 people in u/w filmmaking.

So if you can get a group of people together or if you can find an organization to sponsor, we'll come teach.

PM me for more info on the costs, etc.

Jeff

I am going to be at the Hot Springs festival but I don't get there until the 27th.... I just found out about this workshop and now I really want to figure out how to get there sooner. How many people do you have signed up so far? Do you and Nick Caloyianis normally work together?

~Jess

p.s. my girlfriends doc is playing in the festival. It is called 1 in 2000, you should check it out.

The workshop was great. I learned a lot and had a great time. Thanks Jeff!

~Jess

Hey Jess,

Great having you there. It looks like we're going to do it again next year, so bring all your friends!

For those of you who missed it, four students, five cameras, underwater lighting from Hydroflex, and two award-winning instructors (including one with an Oscar). We spent two days with the equipment, theory, plus six hours a day in the pool practicing swimming with various cameras, setting lights, and putting scenes together. It was sponsored by the Hot Springs Documentary Film Institute and coincided with their annual film festival.

Jeff

You bring that dog and pony show to Gawga, I'll bring friends and beer!

Jeff_S:
Great having you there. It looks like we're going to do it again next year, so bring all your friends!
I will plan on being there, will even bring a few friends if I don't feel too selfish ;-) I learned a lot but I am sure there is still plenty that I can learn from you guys. Plus it is a chance to ge tout of town and hang out with some cool people and see some cool films, can't argue with that. Hopefully I can still get in on it for just $75 :) I need to start bugging Ajae to make another documentary so we can get free badges and a hotel again.....

So are you putting together a DVD or something with some of the material from the class? They showed some of the footage at the party which was great. The fight between you and Nick played very well.

~Jess

Love to. We just need a sponsoring agency, company, shop, something. PM me for details.

Jeff

Mafiaman:
You bring that dog and pony show to Gawga, I'll bring friends and beer!

Back
Top Bottom