Underwater fighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the link for Post #30; That's not BUD/S. That is part of the SCUBA Course at Panama City. What you are seeing is "Pool Week", also known as "Problem Solving", which every Student in the Diving Program has to pass before he or she moves on.
BUD/S has the same practice, but they use double hose regulators, as the Drager has that set up, and that is what they move to after passing Pool Week.

Bad guys got no chance. I'll sic Flipper on them.

Can't believe no one's brought up Aquaman yet...

Hmm have been searching around, I kinda hope it looks something like this

It would likely be very vicious, think Gladiator or 300, as the lack of ranged weapons would mean that everyone's going to be getting really close to each other. Lots of mask and regulator removals, kinda like diving a cattle boat except it's all on purpose.

Peace,
Greg

OMG, some of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. I 'bout died laughing with this one. :)

The question, "Well, then, whose wetsuit CAN I pee in?" dropped me to the floor. :D

Well, if he wasn't your enemy before, he certainly will be after that!

Gunpowder is a mixture of sulfur, potassium nitrate (saltpeter) and charcoal. Of course modern firearm propellants are not black powder but the reason we call it a "propellant" is that the mixture contains both a fuel and an oxidizer.

Black powder is, indeed, made up of the three ingredients listed. However, if you specify that a "propellant" is one that contains a "fuel" and an oxidizer, then black powder is most definitely one. Potassium nitrate (KNO3) is a strong oxidizer and, therefore, black powder will burn quite nicely both in a vacuum and underwater (provided you keep your powder dry!).

Yeah, exactly and while I probably should not give away to many formulas, table sugar and saltpeter burn impressively also. N

The situation isn't likely as a Navy Diver at war is primarily involved with explosives ordinance disposal. If he screws up, he's his own worst enemy (you can drop the knife) :wink:. Alternatively, he's repairing underwater damage to vessels in port. SEALs are used in combat, but as a special ops unit, often they've failed if they are discovered. They don't possess the firepower to be an effective fighting force.

During my last deployment to Iraq we had US Navy EOD on our base and they walked around wearing shirts that said "Navy EOD Diver...PADI My A$$". They are apparently trained in rebreather EOD procedures in addition to all the surface-side stuff every other govt. EOD tech gets. My last landlord (recently retired Navy Diver) never spoke of EOD stuff, but his last deployment was almost to Korea and Vietnam to fish bodies and wreckage out of those waters.

Crazy stories.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom