Underwater Hockey Night in Canada (Carleton)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh, I've heard of both and seen the plaques on the Rothesay and the Connie. Thanks for the clarification, and if this ever gets off the ground, I'll be sure to have plenty of pictures.

Tom R:
POW - Preserve our wrecks

Doesn't surprise me that a diver doesn't know about POW or SOS,
These organizations (supposed to) place the mooring lines on the wrecks you dive, and are banded together to preserve wrecks. Kingston is doing a very good job spite not having a lot of people to assist. SOS 1000 Islands just started being concerned about the wrecks in thier region. If you have dove the Gaskin and Kinghorn and seen the large holes and beating they have taken over the years you'll be surprised how much destruction "we the diver" do to them.

Due to lack of responses, underwater hockey night in Canada is cancelled :-(
I only have two confirmations so I won't be booking the pool for Saturday.
On the plus side, I hear there is open water out in Kingston so I'll be out there next weekend hopefully!!

I will be looking into it - with any luck I can find a local to help me tour the site before bringing anyone else down!

awe dang!

See I should check the boards more often......

I woulda been up for some pool time! :evilbunny

Thanks Freefloat, you're the best!! I Spoke with my regular buddie and since hockey is cancelled on Saturday his wife is letting him have the day to dive anywhere so I know he's in of it looks good. Ya know I think this may be the first time the wetsuit divers out number the drysuit pu*cough*ssy's :54:

Hey JJ1 you're welcome to come out!

Blagh blagh, you know I'm only kidding, and perhaps a little jealous :)
artw:
Hey I would love to dive a wetsuit DR but for me a drysuit is a personal comfort and SAFETY issue.

I would love to go play in the winter.......and use my drysuit.......but I need to get a reg that doesn't freeze up on me lol

I've posted up in the reg forum before to get minimal responce - so here's a shot - what do you guys dive with in the icy months?

JJ1:
I would love to go play in the winter.......and use my drysuit.......but I need to get a reg that doesn't freeze up on me lol

I've posted up in the reg forum before to get minimal responce - so here's a shot - what do you guys dive with in the icy months?

Apex no problem

I'm currently diving on a dacor pacer xl with the cold water kit. The reg is pretty old but solid brass and works great. I actually have a spare reg set you could use. It's a US diver with a cold water kit installed. It was serviced in the beginning of the season last year. I dove it maybe 20 times before I got mine back from service (last dive was july or early august).

JJ1:

Back
Top Bottom