Underwater Images from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the much appreciated compliments.

UW photography is very difficult. The best advice I can give is go digital and never stop pulling that shutter :p

My rig is actually pretty old by modern standards. It is a Nikon 5700 and IIRC about 8 years old or so. Also only a single Ikelite DS50 strobe. Would love to add a second DS160, but wow @ those prices. Only a 5 megapixel camera, but when I consider the cost of upgrading versus the results I currently get, I just can't see spending the money. Maybe I'll get "lucky" and it'll sink to the abyss on my next trip and DAN will buy me a new rig :D But for this weekend warrior its a mighty fine camera for my needs. Just wish I had more opportunity to use it naturally.

I don't often do any photo editting. Naturally I do some cropping or resizing, but sometimes I use Photoshop and do the "Auto Levels." Sometimes it works well, sometimes it kills the image. I do not adjust the photos beyond that simple one click option. I just don't have the time to mess around with it. I find the learning curve on my camera easier than Photoshop :wink:

Thanks agian for the compliments! I still have some more images to post from my week in Utila so keep an eye out for those in the coming week or so.

Look forward to your Utila shots...

I think I really need an external strobe if I am going to take my photo's seriously... right now my rig is simply a Fuji F200EXR (digital P&S) in a Fuji housing.

Don't have the patience to post a ton of pics, but here are a few of my favourites:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, I am trying to post these from my scuba board album, can't figure out how to get them to display full-sized like yours did. Anyone throw me a clue?!?!?

Cheers,
Andre

showfull.php

Your photos are amazing!! What camera and light did you use? B

My photos from Utila are posted, have a look.

External strobes make an enormous difference. In my experience another important factor for a quality underwater camera is zoom. My Nikon has a built in 8x zoom which helps immensely.

The photos I post are linked from my personal website thus I can easily control the size. I'm not familar with the Scubaboard.com image hosting service so I can't be of much help there.

HTH

Look forward to your Utila shots...

I think I really need an external strobe if I am going to take my photo's seriously... right now my rig is simply a Fuji F200EXR (digital P&S) in a Fuji housing.

Don't have the patience to post a ton of pics, but here are a few of my favourites:

Also, I am trying to post these from my scuba board album, can't figure out how to get them to display full-sized like yours did. Anyone throw me a clue?!?!?

Cheers,
Andre

Your photos are amazing!! What camera and light did you use? B

Nikon 5700
Ikelite Housing
Ikelite DS 50 Strobe

And you're a very good shot. :thumb:

My work comes out purely amateurish, but I have fun and my non-diving friends are impressed. :D I used to load on SB but the Gallery is too challenging for me now. I host on Photoworks.com, send friends the link to the full screen slide show, which they can speed up.

Funny how a strobe can overflash at times when I don't expect it to, but the old Sealife I use has three settings for that within the camera - if I can repeat the shot. Much easier with sponges than fish. :blush: Eh, I have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom