Underwater Metal Detecting.. Your Favorites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iscubainmymind

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone.. I am very interested in Underwater Metal Detecting.. What are Your Favorites?

I was thinking the Garreet Infinium would be the best bet for my one and only detector.

Anyone have this detector? Know any mods or the best coils to used?

Thanks

Todd:cool2:

DennisS-I looked at the Fisher Impulse, and in reading one review, the poster wrote that it "takes three hands to operate"-what does he mean by that? I'm looking around at different companies to bring one into our shop-

Last weekend I bought a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, a Christmas present to me. Haven't got it out of the box yet.

The Garrett plant in Garland is offering a 15% discount for metal detectors bought by December 31.

I have never used an underwater metal detector but I have heard nothing but good things about JW Fisher products.

DennisS-I looked at the Fisher Impulse, and in reading one review, the poster wrote that it "takes three hands to operate"-what does he mean by that? I'm looking around at different companies to bring one into our shop-

I don't know, one hand to move the detector and two hands to dig up all the metalic crap it finds???:D

Vibra-Tector 730 is a good little machiene and cheep too , also the battery lasts
definitely not detector-pro

Well, i have been thinking about the Infinium because of the discrimination.. and supposedly is good on hot rocks.. so if i take it to placer country i can use it there. I am worried about the Quality control as i have read people having some problems with the infinium. I will check out the sea hunter 2 and thanks for that info on the 15 percent discount! i will go try and find it right now!

I don't know, one hand to move the detector and two hands to dig up all the metalic crap it finds???:D

Just let your buddy do the digging and get the credits yourself... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom