Underwater Pics From Maui & Lanai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Guy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Along with the whale video, we took a lot of pics during our 12+ hours underwater last week. Again, thanks to B & B Scuba for really cheap tank rentals, Ed Robinson Adventures for great boat dives, Kidspot for wonderful shore dives and Charley99 for a fantastic night dive.

Fish Pics

Coral & Urchins

People

BTW, Dan and Georgina are best friends and are new divers -- Georgina's first dive in Maui was her 7th and Dan's was about his 18th (but first in many years).

Whale Video

Oh, camera, Minolta DiMage Xg, 3.2 meg, in Minolta housing -- internal flash only.

Great pics guys, looks like you had a great time. Keep diving. Big change from the PNW critters and temps.

I've been waiting for these. Thanks for posting!

Great collection of pics! I watched the clip again and is it that whale I hear? I bet you felt that all the way down to your toes!

Yup James, it's a Peacock Razorfish :)

I found a couple more:

The pictures that says Stocky Hawkfish is a Reef Lizardfish
?Surgeonfish = Pinktail Triggerfish
Forceps Butterflyfish = Rare Longnose Butterflyfish
Black white Urchins = Banded Urchin
?Scallop = Black-lipped pearl oyster
Rockboring Urchin w/red sponge = Needle-spined urchin w/red sponge
Unknown (coral) = Blue-gray Zoanthids

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Justleesa, thanks for the corrections/additions! I did the best I could with our reef guides :)

hope you didn't mind...it drives me nuts when I can't find my stuff that I take pictures of :D....I looked thru your site, very nice :D...you would have fun with Roger as he is really into wine :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom