Underwater stabilisation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrgonz:
I have a question too.
If i cross my legs to do the hovering, i'll flip around like a coin, but i can control my buoyancy if i dont cross them... Tips?

i will try that over the weekend:)

mrgonz:
I have a question too.
If i cross my legs to do the hovering, i'll flip around like a coin, but i can control my buoyancy if i dont cross them... Tips?

There is no need to cross your legs. It's one thing I can't do as it changes my center of gravity to the point I'll end up side down.

Also, as soon as you take a deeper breath, your bouyancy will increase, but it will take a moment BEFORE you start to ascend. You need to exhale before you start rising. It's important to never get momentum going either up or down. You don't want to be reacting to movement, instead you want to be controlling your movement. This simply takes practice and you won't gain really good control until you've done a number of post cert dives, but it is something your should always be working on.

I figured the whole cross-legged thing was more or less a trick you can perform after mastering the skill.

Now how about fin pivot? I can do it just fine, but my fins won't touch the bottom. is that OK?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom