Underwater video on Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflylow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nice videos. I live in Okinawa also and had been considering getting into SCUBA diving. Is there anywhere you would recommend classes? Torii Station, Tsunami Gear, Kadena Marina?

Congrats! Now you can never swim long distances again ;-)

Congrats! Now you can never swim long distances again ;-)

That's for sure!!! The only hard part about a scooter is lugging it to the water. That and the cost...:(

We covered almost 2 km yesterday on a single tank! I'm starting to dream about some of our other dive sites with doubles and a stage bottle.:14:

Nice videos. I live in Okinawa also and had been considering getting into SCUBA diving. Is there anywhere you would recommend classes? Torii Station, Tsunami Gear, Kadena Marina?

I like Torii Station for the most part but there are also a few good instructors at Kadena Marina.

Where do you work on Okinawa? I'm based on Camp Foster now.

Heavy... but you got X-scooters :confused:

Just wait when you get to take Cave 2 and start scootering Gavins in Mexico or Florida ;-)

One buddy has an X-scooter and one buddy has 2 Gavins. I'm lucky enough to borrow his until I order mine... Probably this summer. :D

There are also some very good independant instructors and also you can come see us at Reef Encounters and we can get you certified also.

I'm starting to dream about some of our other dive sites with doubles and a stage bottle.:14:

<sigh> thats sounds soooooo nice......

I'm thinking about the Onna coast line, perhaps the cliffs in the southern part of the island, and Maeda point heading NE towards Green beach and the Ramada Rennaisance. And that is just to start!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom