Underwater with Dolphins in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thejamez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
[video=youtube;GLbTrRcGTDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLbTrRcGTDE[/video]

smile.jpg

anthonys-key-boat.jpg

This was my 2nd ever diving trip from last year. Took one afternoon and went diving with dolphins.. it was on the 'must do once' list and it was well worth it! Unfortunately I hadn't invested the money in a better camera and this was shot with a sealife mini II... decent video but the pictures came out pretty bad. These are a few that were 'ok' after some lightrooming.

portrait.jpg

portrait2.jpg

tricks2.jpg

Few more on the blog: Diving with Dolphins In Roatan

The pictures of the underwater dolphin are really very nice. I always love to do such photography and when ever get time for vacations go for it. I enjoyed being here. For many people it is one of the best time.

Great pics – you definitely have some treasured memories.

Normally I am not a big fan of captive animals used for human interactions. I think everyone has seen on television or the internet the many abuses that many of these animals have to endure (and some succumb from those abuses) from unqualified and/or uncaring handlers. And I would encourage everyone to avoid these operations. But I have to admit that Antony’s Key Resort (AKR) runs a first class operation; this is the operator shown in the pics.

Last May I stayed a week at AKR and did their dolphin encounter. What stood out to me was the care provided to the dolphins. During our stay I saw just how attentively their handlers/naturalist spent time with their trustees, multiple times during the day, providing the interactions that are so important to such social animals and not just feeding them fish. AKR has staff biologists that also run the Roatan Institute of Marine Sciences’ programs for students around the world. So the interactions that people have is not just the “circus” acts, but an education that is founded in the environmental sciences.

The biggest threat to the oceans is human intrusions. So if AKR through their educational dolphin encounters ignite a passionate flame in a young person to help conserve the ocean’s flora and fauna…I say great.

Lovely Photos! They are so cute! I havent been lucky enough to dive with dolphins yet, but i may have to plan a trip to Roatan now after seeing these :)

Back
Top Bottom