Undeserved Hit, Question for Dr. D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Deco would know better but two rides of only 90 minutes seems very short. When I got bent they dove me for 8 hours. (full extensions) And that was only a type 1 hit. But, it was from repetitive tech dives. Was she on 02 the whole time with no air breaks? She might want to talk to a diving physician or call Dan to see if she needs to go into the chamber again.

Blackwood:
I was trying to rule out deep diving, and thought there may be "rec trimix" courses that don't require deep dives.

Naui does have a program called Helitrox which is the helium based equivalent of nitrox. It is trimix with 02 % greater than 21. It is still not recreational though. You acctually get less ndl with helium because it is a fast loading gas. It is designed for people who want to dive in the 100'-150' range without getting narced.

The best thing for a rec diver is to dive nitrox with as high of a po2 as the dive will allow. You could also get an advanced nitrox card so you can use a higer O2 mix than 40%, or do your safety stop on up to 100% O2. TDI has this course and it is designed as a recreational course with no deco to 130'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom