Unicorn and Pegasus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow Luis! Those are awesome! Congratulations on such a great build!

Have fun at Portage with them. I'm sure you're going to have a ton of vintage folks wanting 1 (or a few :D )

So, how did it go at Portage? I wish I could've been there. I would've liked to try your new regs.

The Pegasus was so sweet I had to go find a Trieste on ebay to convert :p

Actually, the Pegasus doesn’t use a Voit Trieste; it uses the body of a Voit Titan with a new second stage. The second stage loosely resembles the second stage of the Trieste, but there are a several differences.

I have a Trieste in a plastic can (see picture above) and this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vintage-equipment-diving/397483-voit-trieste-ip-adjustment.html

It performs very well, but the design of the new second stage in the Pegasus is a bit better… Then again, the performance of both of these regulators (and for that matter the Phoenix Royal Aqua Master) is all approaching the point of diminishing return. The inhalation limit is basically driven by avoiding a free flow out the exhaust (similar to the case fault geometry in a single stage, but at a slightly lower magnitude).

In the new design I am working on improving ease of maintenance, etc.

I need to get back to fine tune the Unicorn II. My test results are very good, but IMHO it is still not as good as a two stage regulator. It is better than any single stage that I have tested, but IMO there is room for improvement. I have a plan for a design change that should lower the cracking effort and make it adjustable (it already has a very effective and very adjustable venturi flow)… I just need more time to work on it… My real job just gets in the way. :D

Akita24,
The regulator you bought and send me it a Titan… :rolleyes:
BTW, welcome to SB… I notice you have only made three posts… :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom