Unstable with new wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smiling Armina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just went diving with my new Hollis Ride travel BC. This is my first wing style BC, and while it took since getting used to, I think I've got it where I like it, with one exception: when diving on a wall, when I lean at all to look at the wall, any air in the bc all goes to one side of the wing and it rotates me even more in that direction. Am I doing something wrong?

It sounds like you might be a bit over-weighted. You shouldn't need much air in your wing at depth unless you are compensating for extra weight. Did you do a weight check after getting the new rig? If you are carrying around extra air in your wing I could see this maybe occurring. I don't have the Hollis, but I have not experienced much roll tendency with my wing.

It sounds like you might be a bit over-weighted. You shouldn't need much air in your wing at depth unless you are compensating for extra weight. Did you do a weight check after getting the new rig? If you are carrying around extra air in your wing I could see this maybe occurring. I don't have the Hollis, but I have not experienced much roll tendency with my wing.
Yeah, I did consider this. When I felt that rolling sensation, I let out a little air from the bc, and it seemed to go away, but left me ever so slightly negatively bouyant.

Yeah, I did consider this. When I felt that rolling sensation, I let out a little air from the bc, and it seemed to go away, but left me ever so slightly negatively bouyant.

You dive the bubble, or, the bubble will dive you. It's not automatic.

Back
Top Bottom