Unwanted attention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabbutt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a soon to be divemaster and my partner is an instructor.

We have dived in various locations around the world and are currently in Indonesia.

Unfortunately we always experience the same problem with men thinking that diving is an opportunity to leer at my partner whilst she gets ready, showers afterwards or waits between dives on the boat.

My partner is a young attractive women but the attention simply ruins the diving experience so much so that we are considering quitting. It is so bad that my partner has started to wear a full body swimsuit to try and stop it.

Whilst not every man or dive shop is as bad as some nearly every shop has this type of man and they are normally middle aged.

Places like Egypt and Sri Lanka are the extreme and we will not be returning to either for a dive.

Does anyone else experience this and can anyone suggest a location in Asia that they have dived in and don't think this happens?

Surely it is not too much to ask to dive and not be treated like a slab of meat?!

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

[ADVISOR] Dear subscribers of this thread,
This thread took a very bad turn and we were forced to delete it. In addition to removing the thread, disciplinary action has been taken on some that blatantly violated the ToS.

Obviously, we did not ban everyone who participated in this thread, but let this notice serve as a warning to all those who pushed the envelope. Rude, disgusting, or threatening behavior will not be tolerated on ScubaBoard.

Sarcasm and dark humor do not translate well through the written word. What you may think is a joke, may not seem so to others. Think twice before you post. [/ADVISOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom