Upcoming Maui Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many choices to pick from and you could do all 4 dives with them and still have lots of FUN on every dive so why not come both days and get refresher and GET WET 2 MORE TIMES..
Take look and Give Me a call if Interested.
Aloha Mark.

As the OP requests referral certification from shore while staying on Maui, which beaches do you have permits to operate from on Maui?

Personally I'd rather do my courses with an instructor that is at least affiliated with a dive shop, if not actually an employee. We've done too many certs where our cards get lost, misplaced, or something else to delay receiving them, so there was always a certain comfort in knowing where to go or who to call to get things cleared up. For us this has included 2 incidences with a local shop and one incident with a shop on Maui (both were lost/delayed cards).

I'm certainly not pointing this in any one direction, nor taking a swipe a KrisB or his instruction skills, just sharing my personal preference for training.

Also, isn't "Hawaii Scuba Divers" on Oahu, not Maui?

"Mark will travel" :D I know that he goes back and forth to teach/guide on other Islands too.

my schedule flexible and the personal attention second to none..

I can vouch for this, customer service 2nd to none! Only 100 days until I get to dive with Kris again!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies. Your advice is much appreciated. However, after research and worry, I realized that I've been doing a lot of legwork to plan the trip for the 3 other friends who will actually be doing the referral. So... armed with all the info at hand, I have passed the buck up the food chain. I'm just going to tag along with whoever they pick. :D We'll see what happens, but I'll be sure to do my very first writeup when I come back. Going to try on my new wetsuit now...

Everybody, Dive with Kris Benson, hes the man! I do all of my training with him. Looking forward to that RD and DM in july!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic posts have been removed. Please stick with the OP's question

I'd just like to say thanks to B&B scuba for a great newbie time in Maui at the end of June. My friends ended up picking boat dives after all the info I gave them, but next time I'm back in town I would love to try some guided shore dives!

I can now personally attest that the B&B chocolate chip cookies stand up to their legendary reputation, especially after some time warmed up in the sun. When struggling with some basic cert skills my friend got personal attention. (She said Brad was confidence inspiring). And I had a nice time chatting with the crewmembers.

We all had a great time with our DM's in the water and at the shop, obviously got back to shore in one piece, and saw some beautiful critters on the way. I witnessed two zebra eels "fighting", but I was told that they were really making "underwater love". I also tried diving with a rental computer for the first time, which was a little confusing at first, but overall convinced me that I need to own a wristmount and soon.

My favorite moment was around the right hand reef tip of Molokini (before the current unfortunately turned us back). The reef sloped into a blue oblivion with clouds of fish hanging in distant shafts of sunlight. I was mesmerized.

We had so much fun we ended up renting gear from B&B and hiking (just a little) out to Honolua Bay for a shallow dive on our own. Saw lots of green turtles and a magnificent snake eel. Some scuba species as well...

Hopefully the pics will get developed soon and if they arent all fuzzy with excitement, I'll post them.

Mahalo Maui

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom