Upcoming trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feel free to add yourself to our July Cozumel travelers list!

To the OP, we've dived with four different shops in Cozumel and are very happy with Blue Project dive shop. They'll arrange a meeting and pick up your gear the evening before your first dive day. They're very friendly and seem to really love what they do. While we don't "rely" on any dive shop to keep us safe, we have found that they are very safety conscious. Blanca gives an extremely thorough dive briefing -- covering the plan, safety signals, marine park rules, "critter" signals, etc. They have a website which includes all their rates and contact info.

We just got back from 7 dives with them last week and had an awesome time. No matter who you go with, have fun!

I agree with ggunn. Need more information to make a good recommendation.
I have used many dive ops in Cozumel over the past 15 years and I have only hit one bad one. I will not name the op but it caters to an all-inclusive. Talk about a cattle boat.

Some that I can recommend are:

Caribbean Divers
Papa Hogs
Dive with Alison
Dive Paradise

Each has there own pluses and minuses but all four are fantastic.

I think the biggest question is where on the 30 mile long island are you staying, and will you have a rental car for easy trips down to the southern marina. Otherwise, you'll get 10-20 meaningless suggestions, as usual here.

I recommend Aldora Divers. We have been using them for 5+ years and they never fail to treat us right. No more than 6 to a dive leader, fast boats, they take care of your gear after the dive, and they leave early and get back early...Tell Memo the Midway Mafia sent you...Jim and Don

My wife and I dive with a small operation. They are very nice and take good care of novice divers. We are not novice but we have always liked the way they handle things. If you are looking for fancy boats, food, etc, they are not who you want. If you want a good dive with great, friendly people, they are. We dive with them every time we go. Seven trips in the past 18 months. Heading back down again the 10th of June. We wouldn't dive with anyone else. If you are interested PM me and I will get you the phone number and/or email address. They are very good people. When we started diving again after about a 12 year hiatus, my wife was a little nervous. The DM, Jorge, took her under his wing and took very good care of her. Didn't take her long to get back in the swing of things but I'll always be appreciative of the way he handled things.

Well, I can’t let the cheerleading go on without throwing my hat into the ring. The competition in Cozumel is fierce and there few ‘bad ops’. I am on the tail end of my third trip since December with Tres Pelicanos, once again a great trip and great dive op. Nice extremely comfortable fast boat (I have seen many ops try to pass it but none succeed). The DM, Servando’, is safe and still passionate about diving, the boat captain Chan Fran not only has a great attitude and sense of humor but is an excellent boat captain. They started up last fall (but each has many years experience on the island) and are ‘the new kid on the block’ and go out of there way to take care of you Including handling and taking care of all your gear (including wetsuits).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom