Update me on the battery rules!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks to me that the root cause of all this is that the Mexican authorities and the airlines do not agree on what the policy should be.

Seeing as the planes belong to the airlines I'd say the airlines should have the final call about where things belong in their planes. But it's not just the airlines that Mexican authorities are at odds with. Every other country AFAIK says loose lithiums go in the cabin as well as every safety study I've seen.

Seeing as the planes belong to the airlines I'd say the airlines should have the final call about where things belong in their planes. But it's not just the airlines that Mexican authorities are at odds with. Every other country AFAIK says loose lithiums go in the cabin as well as every safety study I've seen.
And that was the way it was when I left Cozumel at the end of April. Batteries in carry-on.

I just got back from a trip to mx last week, plenty of extra batteries, all stored in carryon, out of their packages and in a waterproof box, no issues

And that was the way it was when I left Cozumel at the end of April. Batteries in carry-on.

Well, maybe THIS time they can maintain a consistent policy over time. I just know we've been having these discussions for years and people still report varying experiences.

Well, maybe THIS time they can maintain a consistent policy over time. I just know we've been having these discussions for years and people still report varying experiences.
Ha Ha! We're talking about Mexico!

Ha Ha! We're talking about Mexico!
Yes, we are, and we are talking about people who do not necessarily see the world the same as we see it from here in the US of A.

Yes, we are, and we are talking about people who do not necessarily see the world the same as we see it from here in the US of A.

I get that but we're not talking about some unique USA perspective. Show me one other country or airline in the world that thinks loose lithiums should go in checked baggage.

I get that but we're not talking about some unique USA perspective. Show me one other country or airline in the world that thinks loose lithiums should go in checked baggage.
In my recent experience, neither does Mexico. Otherwise, I haven't flown out of any other countries recently so I wouldn't know.

I just got home from Cozumel Tuesday. The battery rules are the same. When checking bags, the kiosks have the same lists as the baggage kiosks in the US. The security people also stated lithium-ion batteries in carry on.

Well, I carried my lithium battery in my carry on TO Mexico, in my checked bags out of Coz, changed them to my carry on at DFW. However it works, I made it home with everything I took with me!

Back
Top Bottom