http://www.diveheart.org/

Updates on Kimber/TekDiveGirl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year ago I made some inquires regarding gear for divers with issues that you may have or run into. Give a little time to see if I can dig it up. Specifically things like fins, gloves to help with propulsion, and wet suits with full length zippers to ease donning and doffing of them. The last was really cool. You just stand or hell even lay down and the suit is put on you as opposed to you putting it on. Could be fun as well depending on where they put the zippers!

Fabulous news, Kimber, simply fabulous!!! So happy for you. :hugs:

Like I said in the MoF thread earlier tonight, this makes me happier than when I was chucking peanut shells on the floor of that Catalina restaurant...and you saw how happy I was doing that. :rofl3:

Disclaimer to those not familiar with Antonio's Restaurant: You are encouraged to throw peanut shells on the floor of Antonio's Restaurant so I more than happily obliged. :D

I saw the pics D_B posted as well and you look good! :thumb: Sooo happy for ya as well, sweetie.

Sorry about the delay on my update --

The end of the week has been crazy with 2 graduating children. High school yesterday and middle school today -- throw a physical therapy session in there as well to mix things up! :wink:

Now to the good stuff! :D

Wednesday night we got in the pool and it felt that it went really well -- I was able to buckle my gear, drop my weights, reach the pull and pull the ball on dump valve.

We did my left leg was more buoyant than my right so I would flip over to my right side. :shocked2:

The instructor counteracted this by putting more weight in my left weight pouch.

Once all that was out of the the way -- I was able to actually get underwater and stable -- well sorta. :shakehead:

My body would try to get unstable and I ended up on my back once. I had a difficult time righting myself.

Propulsion was also an issue. Apparently I was only kicking with one leg! Before you ask if I was going in circles.

It was a small area -- I had no choice!! :rofl3:

It felt good be able to dive -- even if it is in a pool!

I don't feel confident in myself yet to get back in the ocean yet, but its definitely a start!

Next session -- Thursday!

Pics below :

june2009.jpg

stand.jpg

listen.jpg

under.jpg

Great to see.. keep up the training...we can always just drag you behind the boat, by the way...

Great to see.. keep up the training...we can always just drag you behind the boat, by the way...

:shocked2:

Thanks Puffer! With a comment like that -- I will keep up the training for sure!!

:rofl3:

:shocked2:

Thanks Puffer! With a comment like that -- I will keep up the training for sure!!

:rofl3:

Was not that long ago that we used to have to carry Joyster and her gear down to the boat... put it together for her.. put it in the water.. and have the princess have her gear put on her... she would dive... and upon returning to the boat would reverse the process...and then when we were back at the dock, we would drag her and her gear back to a car and leave...

We know how to do this well... Of course she would complain when being dragged down the pier, but we knew she was kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom