• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

TekDiveGirl / Kimber Hawkens Thurman

Discussion in 'Passings' started by D_B, Apr 3, 2019.

1. D_B

D_B Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    123945340_4151849771497891_1543739861967863646_n.jpg
    (photo is from the San Diego bay dinner cruise that she arranged)

I was reading some of my posts to ScubaBoard about my twice weekly visits to her while she was in Scripps Rehab ..in them you can see I was absolutely devoted to her .. even before we became a couple.
    She was my focus .. Not that She needed me to help her, I am certain She would have found a way to get things done without me, I just felt that any thing I could do to make her life easier, better, more fun, was not a task or burden but I felt it was kind of a duty and such a small thing to do for her.
    She was my Purpose , my Partner, and my Joy ... You filled my life Sweetie and I'll remember our unique adventures for the rest of my life ... Thank you letting me be your wings to let express your adventurous self
    ... I miss you Honey 2764.png :jump:

rjack321, nadwidny, gypsyjim and 5 others like this.
  2. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I've always been impressed by that. Inspired, even. You stepped up when others would have stepped away.

D_B likes this.
  3. D_B

Truth .. it did also make me feel good and also I felt a bit special in being able to do so, and give you all reports on her progress ... even when I could not say anything I used to post dancing snoopy to indicate something good ... pleased to see that it became a smiley
    :snoopydance:

Oh boy did I ever catch hell from Kimber once when I posted about going out for ice cream ... that's when I started using Snoopy ... later it was all ok, and I remember years later after Kimber had been going back through SB posts and her accident thread that she remarked to me ... I was really a ***** to you that time .. no Sweetie, it was ok, I understood (after the shock wore off lol)

The Chairman likes this.
  4. D_B

55641800_10218759107267200_8394528685431980032_n.jpg

That photo was from the last thing you accomplished in a life filled with accomplishments ... March 30th 2019

You took the GRE for SDSU because your instructors at UCSSM were adamant that you take it, that you would pass it , probably on your first try (something not common ) I am not surprised to learn that you had passed it and would have been attending graduate school there :jump: 2764.png

Dish, rjack321, The Chairman and 4 others like this.
  5. letterboy

letterboy Trash leaves trash ScubaBoard Supporter

:heart:

D_B likes this.
  6. nadwidny

nadwidny Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Kimber keeps me going every day.

ericfine50, CapsFan22 and D_B like this.
  7. Colliam7

Colliam7 Tech Instructor Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    One of my sustaining principles over many years is that 'Death is always hardest on those left behind.'

Every year, we learn that we have been 'left behind' by (another) a member / user / colleague / friend / companion / fellow diver.

It is never 'easy', but it is also the essence of life. We really should not mourn whatever time we didn't spend with them, or the chances for interaction with them, of which we didn't take advantage.
    Rather we shloulkd cherish the times that we DID!

Like many on SB, I did not know her personally. But, I KNEW her, through SB. I am a better person for that.

D_B likes this.