Uploaded my first technical diving related video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think your MOD stickers are upsidedown

I forgot people carry tanks on the right, but still, if you set them up for both, and if that is correct for the right side, when you put it on the left it becomes upsidedown, regardless of that, upsidedown or not, when clipped on, the sticker is facing down, makes it hard for your buddy to verify your bottles, and since we’ve stablished I’m a a-hole and picking on your video :letsparty:, your SPG is facing the wrong way no matter where you carry your tank.
BDC3B633-8F52-4715-AD30-E6412F1C5C76.png

You're not an ahole. You are giving the comments that he requested. I think that in spite of some technical issues that can be corrected, the presentation comes across in a pleasant enough manner. Many of this type video are done with an irritating or self serving manner that is off putting to me. These are pretty decent for first efforts.

My advice is to stay humble in your delivery and stay open to comments and never bite back to those that offer criticism. Good work.

...the presentation comes across in a pleasant enough manner. Many of this type video are done with an irritating or self serving manner that is off putting to me. These are pretty decent for first efforts...
Yes, I agree completely, and share similar feelings, which is why I’m calling myself an ahole for picking on the guy specially since my comments had nothing to do with the subject he presented.

Yesterday, someone posted one about frocking, the guy on the video lecturing had just terrible technique, yet there he was, teaching everyone how to do something he couldn’t do himself, those are the ones you just wanna pick apart

Actually, I will respond to almost anyone. Even people who are proud to call themselves a-holes. As a tec instructor, I am frequently called upon to explain things to students who don’t know what they don’t know. It comes with the territory. What I won’t do is respond to, educate, or train people who act like a-holes just to be a-holes. The fact that you indicated in your original unedited post “letsparty” leads me to believe that’s what you are. Those type of people have no business in my opinion tec diving, where their self-entertaining arrogance can endanger others.

So, for anyone else that is actually interested on this subject and would like clarification.

You will notice that the sticker is 90 degrees to the valve. There is one on the opposite side oriented in the opposite direction. With the valve out either side, if you tilt the valve down slightly, the writing will be right side up to anyone monitoring you. Works properly on the left side or right side.

As to the regulator, it is normally set up one way or another depending on the which side it is intended to be used on. That tank and regulator is set up for a right hand carry. The gauge is pointed up, visible to the user. The face is protected by the back of the valve. SPGs have a spool with o rings that allow you to swivel the face, so the face can always be pointed up.

With some regulators, such as the Atomic M1 it May be preferable to position the piston housing opposite of the valve handle. This allows more clearance to the user to turn the valve. In addition with the M1 turret, having the piston on the left side makes it easier to swivel the turret up without crossing over the regulator.

Actually, I will respond to almost anyone. Even people who are proud to call themselves a-holes. As a tec instructor, I am frequently called upon to explain things to students who don’t know what they don’t know. It comes with the territory. What I won’t do is respond to, educate, or train people who act like a-holes just to be a-holes. The fact that you indicated in your original unedited post “letsparty” leads me to believe that’s what you are.
What original unedited post, man? I cannot see any posts in this thread that have been edited, not mine, not anyone’s, have you lost your mind? Lmao

Those type of people have no business in my opinion tec diving, where their self-entertaining arrogance can endanger others.
Well, you wanna go there, let’s pick your expert stage set up apart then, mr “tec” instructor

So, for anyone else that is actually interested on this subject and would like clarification.

You will notice that the sticker is 90 degrees to the valve. There is one on the opposite side oriented in the opposite direction. With the valve out either side, if you tilt the valve down slightly, the writing will be right side up to anyone monitoring you. Works properly on the left side or right side.
1st off, in the subject of reading sticker, which was what I called your attention to in my original post, the sticker orientation in relation to the valve don’t mean squat, the idea is to have the sticker being visible, facing outwards, for the buddy’s, and one inward for the diver, at all times, what will do that is the placing the sticker 90 degrees to the RIGGING KIT, not the valve, you can spin that valve anywhere you want, it won’t change the outcome of where the sticker will end up, the rigging kit will!
Of course, the smart ones will place the rigging kit under the valves outlet, so that the reg faces inward, towards the divers body and thus remain protected.
So, a student who doesn’t know what he doesn’t know, asks you, the tec instructor; Why not place the sticker on the side of the tank that naturally faces outwards towards my buddy’s, so that instead of having to “tilt the valve down slightly for the writing to be right side up”, he can just look at it?
In your set up, when that bottle is clipped to the diver in the water, one sticker faces downwards and the other upwards, against the divers body or other stage, what’s the advantage of that?
... The gauge is pointed up, visible to the user. The face is protected by the back of the valve. SPGs have a spool with o rings that allow you to swivel the face, so the face can always be pointed up.
Your gauge is pointed down, but im sure it’s just sloppy for the video, once you’re in the water you’re all squared away, well except you’ve said “the face is protected by the back of the valve” so you actually dive it like that? How do you read it? Wouldn’t it be best to have the face pointing up, towards the diver, seems more protected that way no, mr tec instructor?

With some regulators, such as the Atomic M1 it May be preferable to position the piston housing opposite of the valve handle. This allows more clearance to the user to turn the valve. In addition with the M1 turret, having the piston on the left side makes it easier to swivel the turret up without crossing over the regulator.
What does this have anything to do with the discussion? The original unedited post, maybe? Lol

No “valve tilting” required
7DF79980-0F43-48BF-B1AC-3D9A4CA1A1A7.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom