uploading file problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133

lost, even with a compass
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I made a post and tried to upload a file. I keep getting a unknown error message. After about ten time of trying I finally gave up. How can I get this file attached?

What type of file are you trying to upload and to what forum?

Tech Admin:
What type of file are you trying to upload and to what forum?

JPG file to Midwest Muck Divers

as stated above "unknown error"

crpntr133:
as stated above "unknown error"

I tried again this morning to upload my file, still with no luck. Below is the message that keep getting.
I tried last night to upload with Internet Explorer and it sat there for at least 20 minutes doing "nothing". I gave up since it is a black and white scan of a map, no way it should have taken that long to upload.

Page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
* Open the www.scubaboard.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

Problem: Unknown Error -1.

How big is the file and what connection speed are you on (dialup, dsl, cable, etc...).

Tech Admin:
How big is the file and what connection speed are you on (dialup, dsl, cable, etc...).

Files size is 772 bytes and I am using dial up connecting at 52.0Kbps. I just uploaded a couple other files just the other day that were way bigger than this with no problem. I thought maybe it was in my setting but I haven't updated or changed anything that I can think of.

Now this is really mind boggling. I tried uploading a file that is 10.2 Kb and it uploaded!!! Now how to make the other file bigger so it will upload..hhmmm

crpntr133:
Now how to make the other file bigger so it will upload..hhmmm
You could open the file up with something like PhotoShop or GIMP and adjust the JPG compression ratio so that the file gets bigger. Or increase the scale of the image and do the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom