US Divers/Aqualung wraparound mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

retnav7696

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a US Divers or a Aqualung wrap around mask (Not the all black frame). Yes its the old school mask. Hopefully made in the US!

Hi
Its very unlikely you will find one in the UK, all the ones I have seen for sale are in the US for about 56-60 $, the trouble is they charge the earth for shipping and not everywhere ships out of US. Perhaps they don't want us to have them!

The old ones have a brushed stainless frame. All of the new ones have a black frame. I bought a couple of them. Thanks

The old ones have a brushed stainless frame. All of the new ones have a black frame. I bought a couple of them. Thanks

Are you after the really old one with a single window and a bent/wrap around glass US Divers made through 1962? They called it the Professional and was huge. Nemrod/Seamless also made a large 3-window without a nose pocket about the same size.

How is it different than the stainless frame on the current model? No argument, just curious. The current one looks like the one they made in 1970 except the body is silicon instead of rubber.

Attachments

• US Divers Professional Mask.jpg
    US Divers Professional Mask.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 443
  • US Divers Wrap-Around Mask 1970.jpg
    US Divers Wrap-Around Mask 1970.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 629
Looks exactly the same except that the frame is metal painted black and it seems to be just a bit heavier. Still a nice mask though. I bought 2 of them for $90.00 out of California. My local dive shop wanted $95.00 for 1. And I called 3 other shops and it was the same with them. If you go to the aqualung website the pic they use is the old picture. The mask looks the same except all the metal you see is actually painted black.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom