US NAVY TABLES on SLATE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gxdoyle

Reaction score
Does anybody know where to obtain the US Navy air decompression tables on a slate?

Thanks

I think that the full table on a slate is not so useful during a dive it may be helpfull.

I have a NAUI table set on a plastic card, 5.25 x 6". Bought at a dive shop in Lake Mary FL.

i have seen flexible,rollable, waterproof , and very durable decompression tables (maybe tdi?) but have yet to be able to find them for sale to the public

i seem to remember they could only be bought if you took a course

printing and laminating tables (which are less durable and more bulky) for standard backup deco times seems to be not optimal

anyone else seen these around for sale?

dt

dtdiver once bubbled...
i have seen flexible,rollable, waterproof , and very durable decompression tables (maybe tdi?) but have yet to be able to find them for sale to the public

i seem to remember they could only be bought if you took a course

printing and laminating tables (which are less durable and more bulky) for standard backup deco times seems to be not optimal

anyone else seen these around for sale?

dt

All sorts of roll-up tables printed on vinyl are available at IANTD HQ.

<http://www.iantd.com/>

Is there people still using the Navy tables ???

You are in the wrong lane my dear friend .. specially
if you are also considering wrist slates.

Get yourself some proper training and throw away the wrist slates and all the B%$it.

Manos.

www.dir.cy.net

...actually I would like them as a classroom aid in reviewing the development of decompression theory..I have copies of most other tables in the same form but not the US Navy...

...that said, I recently saw an instructor double check a dive using the USN tables on slate and a safety margin when the bottom turned out to 5 metres deeper than expected. Everybody lived to dive another day...

BTW, I checked out your website from the link in your post. It is very impressive - it seems like you guys have great diving over there..I would like to dive the Zenobia some time

Manos once bubbled...
Is there people still using the Navy tables ???

You are in the wrong lane my dear friend .. specially
if you are also considering wrist slates.

Get yourself some proper training and throw away the wrist slates and all the B%$it.

Manos.

www.dir.cy.net

Hey, just get rid of it all! No one needs a bottom timer, or gauge, or slate, and certainly not a sinful computer! As Manos says: "Do it in your head! Throw away all of the evil modern stuff!"

Of course, this is the same guy who thinks decompression is a race, and laughs at others because he got to the boat first!
(See previous posts by Manos.):wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom