US State Department Issues Honduras Travel Advisory & Reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So....if the HONDURAN Constitution allowed the Supreme to do what he did, why does the US, and others, continuously attempt to force THEIR version of "democracy" and a Constitution down the throats of Hondurans.

The Path Forward for Honduras - WSJ.com

Why can't the UN, the US and others see this. Is our state department completely blind? Is our state department unaware of the Honduran constitution and it's implications? For God sakes we probably had a hand in writing the thing. We need to wake up and we also need to make the rest of the world see what has happened in Honduras. People like Chavez and the Castro Brothers need to back off, not the US. Come on people, use your heads!!!! Has Arias even thought about this? Is the US going to listen to Chavez' rants? I don't blame Michelitti for being upset with us. The US can't interpret the Honduran constitution, what a shame. Same on Obama shame on Hillary Clinton. Shame on the UN, shame on the world for not seeing the obvious!

I am off my soapbox now. How are things trutfully in Roatan? Still looking forward to being there during the holidays!

How are things trutfully in Roatan? Still looking forward to being there during the holidays!

Quiet.

Probably be some bargains being offered what with the economy and the bad PR from the press in reference to the minor issues on the mainland.

Quiet.

Probably be some bargains being offered what with the economy and the bad PR from the press in reference to the minor issues on the mainland.

sorry I'll try to be less boistrus nextime

The Path Forward for Honduras - WSJ.com

Why can't the UN, the US and others see this[?]

Perhaps because the UN, the US and others know that, back in 1985, then congressman Micheletti tried to do exactly what he is now accusing Zelaya of attempting: change the Honduran Constitution to extend the mandate of then President Roberto Suazo Córdoba. Except that Micheletti didn't even bother to ask what the Honduran people thought about his plan.

Hypocrisy: Micheletti's attempt to change the constitution in 1985

¿Quién propuso primero una Asamblea Nacional Constituyente en Honduras? ¿Zelaya o Micheletti?

La Tribuna, October 25, 1985

Perhaps because the UN, the US and others know that, back in 1985, then congressman Micheletti tried to do exactly what he is now accusing Zelaya of attempting: change the Honduran Constitution to extend the mandate of then President Roberto Suazo Córdoba. Except that Micheletti didn't even bother to ask what the Honduran people thought about his plan.

Hypocrisy: Micheletti's attempt to change the constitution in 1985

¿Quién propuso primero una Asamblea Nacional Constituyente en Honduras? ¿Zelaya o Micheletti?

NO comment

And because it's on somebody's blog on Teh Intarwebz™, it must be true!

No. It must be true because it was in the Honduran paper at the time, which printed the resolution and the names of the sponsors as you can see in the link below. In my original post, I linked to the blog simply for those who can't read the original newspaper in spanish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom