US State Department Issues Honduras Travel Advisory & Reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am going to stay at AKR and unless things deteriorate more that they have at this point I still intend to do so.

I already have purchased cactus juice as I intend to be coated before I get off the plane. Someone here suggested that and I thought it was a great idea! Will also get something with lots of deet just incase this stuff doesn't work for me and the wife.

Some people in my group used cactus juice and also got eaten alive. Deet seems to attract the lilttle buggers. There was some Avon product that seemed to work for some people. I suspect the bugs were after my Salva Vida.

That's kind of irrelevant and off topic.

I didnt bring it up, I believe you did.

It is irrelevent what you are used to in New Jersey, and what I am used to in LA, or what the Saudi King is accustomed.

You cannot put hard numbers up like that as a reason. I got $85 per hour guys that will complain about working through lunch and I have $15 guys that will work holidays. Lazy people will be lazy, dont defend one for the other.

I lived with the $1.25 per day people for a long time, go where you are comfortable. I have been in more Sub Saharan countries that were on the State Department list than most folks have been out of their home state.

Cheers.

Roatan Man, tell Willie at the bar, I said "Hello, and I need another Monkey LA LA." next time you are down there. I will be there for Halloween, unless something really bad happens.

Some people in my group used cactus juice and also got eaten alive. Deet seems to attract the lilttle buggers. There was some Avon product that seemed to work for some people. I suspect the bugs were after my Salva Vida.

Skin So Soft. Threee S's on the bottle.

I was simply responding to someone spinning a political strike as laziness.

Thought I had waved a truce flag earlier in an attempt make this whole thread more appealing and informational. Thought you might already know the answers, not lazy just curious. If you feel the need to attack and flame anybody with a opinion that is not the same as yours feel free. I just won't aid you in your quest to be flamed any longer. Bring something to the table informative and maybe we call all learn what it is that I came here to do...................be better informed and make a decision on the saftey of my upcoming trip.

GDP Honduaras 9,016 (in millions)
Average Gross income US$1649
Average inflation rate 2000-2007 15%
Population below poverty level 50.7%

These are all 2007 numbers.

Thought I had waved a truce flag earlier in an attempt make this whole thread more appealing and informational. Thought you might already know the answers, not lazy just curious. If you feel the need to attack and flame anybody with a opinion that is not the same as yours feel free.

Is that before or after the 60% increase in pay? What is considered poverty level in Honduras? What is the median cost of living in Honduras? Is it the same for the Bay Islands? No flames now, asking questions that I think are relavant to a visit.

Excuse me, but why are these questions relevant to a visit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom