USB connection for Mares dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicolai,

We have a new USB connector coming in the 4th quarter.

Phil

Yup !!

I couldn't agree with you more. I will not buy the IRIS until a USB version comes out. Plus the price is so much higher then everybody elses. Many computers don't even have serial conections anymore. So you have to buy the IRIS and an adaptor.

Anyway, hopefully this will happen soon before I reach 50 dives on my Darwin Air. I'm very happy with this computer by the way, but the IRIS I will wait.

Take care,

Will I be able to connect this to my existing MARES/IRIS reader? Where will I be able to buy this? I am so exited. I haven't been ablt to upload my last dozen dives because I can't get the IRIS to read the computr. I am so exited. Thanks,

50psi?!:
Will I be able to connect this to my existing MARES/IRIS reader? Where will I be able to buy this? I am so exited. I haven't been ablt to upload my last dozen dives because I can't get the IRIS to read the computr. I am so exited. Thanks,

It is a completely new IRIS, it will be availible towards end of this year at any Authorized Mares Dealer.

IRIS USB INTERFACE Item Number: 414307

Usable with Nemo, Nemo Titanium, M2 RGBM (as well as Airlab, M1 RGBM, M1).

Phil

Or...you could spend 9 bucks on a converter, I use one with my Cochran Commander and used a similar rig on my Mares Genius. The most complex part is remapping the port number into the range of the software (done in the device controller section of the settings area on WIndows)

Mike

Phil Mintz:
It is a completely new IRIS, it will be availible towards end of this year at any Authorized Mares Dealer.

IRIS USB INTERFACE Item Number: 414307

Usable with Nemo, Nemo Titanium, M2 RGBM (as well as Airlab, M1 RGBM, M1).

Phil

Phil,

Will it also work with the Dacor computers, like the Darwin Air? Also, will there be new software for it?

Jeez Phil, I hate to sound snarky and all, but I already have an IRIS reader that doesn't work, how much is a new one gonna cost, and how do I know that one isn't not going to work correctly either? Rob, a frustrated customer.

Back
Top Bottom