USB connection for Mares dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

50psi?!:
Jeez Phil, I hate to sound snarky and all, but I already have an IRIS reader that doesn't work, how much is a new one gonna cost, and how do I know that one isn't not going to work correctly either? Rob, a frustrated customer.

50psi... I have had my IRIS for three years now and had a problem develop after the first year. The good folks at MARES helped me out big time. What doesn't work on yours? Did it work and then stop working or has it never worked. Maybe I can help. I use a serial interface on my PC but I also have a serial/USB convertor interface that I use for my laptop and it works also. Send me a PM if you wish.

Originally, it uploaded about twenty dives from the Nemo dive computer, great no problem. When I went to upload an additional twenty...nothing. I triple checked the connections, made sure the infrared IRIS software was connected to the right port that my computer recognized it, and that it was working, etc. Nemo in PC data upload mode appears to be working indicated by the moving minute icons on the computer face, but I can't tell if the IRIS hardware itself is still functioning. I forget if there was a little light that signaled it was upoading. Any help would be appreciated. Love the Nemo, the IRIS is third world...Thanks DI Guy

P.S. I do not have the USB converter, yet, still using the serial port connection, and I have had extensive contact with Mares, including two U.S. reps and a tech guy in Italy. The tech guy sent pictures of how to align the computer with the IRIS...no luck. No one at the local dive shop knows how to troublshoot this, and short of doing the Mexican Hat Dance on the IRIS, I guess I'm gonna ship it back to Mares to fix it or issue a new one. Thanks again DI Guy...Rob in Arizona....

Colby, It should also work with the Darwin Air, but we should confirm once it is on the market, prior to your purchase.

50psi, First we should try to get yours working. I am not saying you should purchase a new one, I am aware there are many issues with IRIS units (from all companies) as there are so many variables that can cause a problem (many on the configuration side).

We have set up a support site (previously posted) have you tried this? Please do so and let me know if you still need help. I will have a tech work with you if the sight does not solve the issue.

http://glfp.homeip.net/irissupport/

Phil

PS: I don't take your comments as snarky. I understand your frustrations and will try to help.

Phil Mintz:
Colby, It should also work with the Darwin Air, but we should confirm once it is on the market, prior to your purchase.

Thanks Phil

Thanks Phil. I have not tried the support site yet, I'll give it a whirl. I appreciate your efforts to help troublshoot/resolve this issue...

Thanks for the great advice. Went to Radio shack, plunked down a few bucks, came home, connected the usb/serial converter, said a hail mary, offered a goat sacrifice and presto...worked like a charm. Yo da man. Thanks Mike!!! McAnally in the Desert

Anyone using iris for nemo on a mac os x?
My Mac doesn't seem to detect my iris connected to its usb via an adaptor. Any suggestions. actually panicking since my nemo is near its 99=dive limit and have to download those dives, quick!

diver doc

Hello Phil,

Do you guys have a release date for the New Iris yet? Its almost the 4th quarter.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom