Use of space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grajan

Contributor
Reaction score
Gradually getting used to the new layout. It is great thanks - particularly the improved editing tools. But one area is a little frustrating.

When you are in a forum there is a LOT of 'dead' material at the top of the page. this is pushing the important stuff (actual messages) off the bottom of the screen. It is a particular pain in threaded or hybrid mode because every time you click on a message the screen refreshes to the top and the message partially disappears off the bottom.

Observations:
1. The title bar is OK - you need the ads.
2. The 'home - My account - Register' menu is at least twice as thick as it needs to be - maybe more
3. Too much white space below it
4. The navigation block is probably OK - not much room for compression
5. WAY too much white space below it.
6. The threads block is as tight as it can realistically be.

Can we look at shoving this all up so that the message is on screen? Every little helps.

Thanks

I own and operate two web sites. all of your above points are good ones. I think I've heard this over and over many times by the Mods and the Techno guys that for right now there trying to work out all the Bugs and get it in good running order then come back and put the finishing touch's on it. I think we should discuse openly our veiws on what we would like to see and the space saver is a big one on my mind also. condense the top to bring up the bottom. I know they would appreciate the help from us Graham and let the Hecklers say what there gona say right. so lets give them some room and help all at the same time. Mike Belleville

I agree. I certainly would not want to 'heckle' as they have all done a great job but feedback is very important.

No rush on this one - 'bugs first'.

there is a relative map here;

http://www.westernaustralia.net/fast_facts/where/index.shtml

most amazing thing is the total absence of people.

I've been in Texas for ten years now so it pretty much feels like home.

GotAir:
Western Australia? - Just like Texas........only bigger :slick:

I hope Dandy Don finds this Thread :xyxnervou
I like poking fun at him :1poke: he's from texas

I kinda liked those. I used them when they had them. I know that they wherent scientific, but they gave you a general idea of what the majority was thinking. And one person could only vote one time.

TechAdmin is gone for a few days. There are things only he can do.

The polls are not gone. I haven't started one to see if they work but, it's under "Thread tools" at the top of the page.

Natasha:
TechAdmin is gone for a few days. There are things only he can do.

The polls are not gone. I haven't started one to see if they work but, it's under "Thread tools" at the top of the page.

"Tasha...I don't see them in 'Thread Tools'. You sure that's not just available to ya'll with the big keys? :D

Back
Top Bottom