Used Apex XTX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCarolan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have the opportunity to buy a used XTX50 with a Zeagle octo for $350. He has ppwk from a dive shop showing it was serviced back in Oct '22. The seller said it has 40 dives in it and he has decided to go with another model. I asked him why it's so inexpensive and he told me he got it for a good deal and is only looking to break even. The pictures have it seem in excellent condition, but the seller is not local. It's on FB Marketplace. Too good to be true?

are you picking up in person or having it shipped? if they are shipping it, i would be mindful of how you pay them that you have recourse in case they don't ship

else with paperwork, it comes down to how trustworthy the shop that did the service is.

are you picking up in person or having it shipped? if they are shipping it, i would be mindful of how you pay them that you have recourse in case they don't ship

else with paperwork, it comes down to how trustworthy the shop that did the service is.
They have to mail it. He has ppwk that shows it was serviced, and the dive shop (online) looks respectable. BUT this does not mean their mechanics are good. Thanks

I'd hold out and buy a matched set, locally if possible.

I had the same reg that I bought from my LDS. Worked well until a dive trip in the Red Sea. Developed a leak in the first stage. After the trip my LDS found a crack in the primary reg body. Replaced the body and sent it back to Apex but never got a explanation on what happed. The repaired reg had an issue with a leak around the yoke. LDS took the reg in for trade in on a Scubapro. Took the Scubapro reg on two trips, great reg and never looked back. LDS did a great job in customer service. I have a hard time recommending Apex. Every company has issues, I might have been the unlucky one to get a problem reg. I have use numerous dive companies not had problems. Guess it was just luck of the draw.

I had the same reg that I bought from my LDS. Worked well until a dive trip in the Red Sea. Developed a leak in the first stage. After the trip my LDS found a crack in the primary reg body. Replaced the body and sent it back to Apex but never got a explanation on what happed. The repaired reg had an issue with a leak around the yoke. LDS took the reg in for trade in on a Scubapro. Took the Scubapro reg on two trips, great reg and never looked back. LDS did a great job in customer service. I have a hard time recommending Apex. Every company has issues, I might have been the unlucky one to get a problem reg. I have use numerous dive companies not had problems. Guess it was just luck of the draw.
If the primary reg body cracked, either it was dropped or severely over-wrenched by someone. I have been diving Apeks for 15 years, never had an issue. As a reg tech, I have had to replace several of the plastic second stage bodies due damage by a prior service person.

It is possible it got damaged during service. It was service before the trip. I know it was not dropped. Went from my padded case to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom