Used Gear from e bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like AWAP, I've bought a bunch of regs on Ebay. Mostly old Dacors (Pacers, Olympics, etc.) I can't help myself. I just love those old chrome-plated brass Dacors. Most of them have been in excellent to new condition. Very easy to dissassemble, replace parts and adjust, although out of a dozen or so only one needed a diaphragm and one other needed exhaust valves (which I destroyed by attempting to unecessarily remove them) both of which are available on, guess what, Ebay. I'm looking at a couple of new ones right now which I hope will be overlooked because of the BS stories around that you can't find parts for them. All the o-rings and low pressure seats are replaceable and available and I haven't found one of them that needed metal parts. I also bought a set of new Oceanics which I use just in case my Dacors need a backup.

You're all going to DIE!!!!!!!

Me too, of course. I got a good deal on a reg set.

I have purchased and sold over 300 items including scuba gear on Ebay. With that said, sometimes I've gotten great deals, other times things weren't as described. Someone elses "like new" could mean something completely different. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Also, paypal has a new credit card. I'm not really into credit cards but this one has saved me at least $400 on items purchased that were not only not as described, they were broken! I had to go through their dispute system but eventually got my money back on items that were basically junk. If you're planning on purchasing high dollar items like Scuba Gear it helps to have that piece of mind.

I see lots of "great deals" on ebay that need so much work they are almost as much as new once done fixing. Also I see way to many people buying tanks that need hydro or can't pass a hydro. There are lots of the tanks with the bad alloy out there being passed off on unsuspecting divers. I have gotten some good deals on used tanks but always stipulate that they must pass inspection first. I guess I'm just saying be careful.

Cheers,
Rich

Purchasing off ebay is like buying a used car ...... you never know what kind of a bargain you're getting until it breaks down. I have purchased several regulators off ebay but have always had them serviced before using them. If you are a novice diver I would suggest looking at some of the internet shops and compare the prices of new equipment vs the used stuff. I have seen some really great deals on good regulators in the $150 price range lately that list for between $200 and $300. New stuff will have a warranty and you won't have to worry if the reason someone is selling his equipment because it's giving him trouble or just old and needs too much work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom