East Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maui-Mom

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Aloha! We are heading to E Bali in Sept. First, Lembongan with Dive Concepts for a week, then ferry to Padang Bai. We have 2 weeks, and our own gear to dive from Padang Bai to Tulamben. Appreciate any first-hand recommendations for dive companies and accom please!

I had a great experience working with Blue Season Bali a few years back! They're located in Denpasar though, so possibly not too much help there. The diving in Tulamben and Amed was fantastic, you'll definitely enjoy it! I saw the biggest bumphead parrotfish of my life inside the Liberty shipwreck.

@ScubaWithTurk perhaps you can advise

Aloha OP! I know you booked with Dive Concepts but I would recommend Legends Diving when on Nusa Lembongan.

Not very good diving in Padang Bai, at least from what my guests have told me. As for the comment about the Bumphead Parrotfish, they are no longer here unfortunately. There is great diving here in Amed and in Tulamben. It really depends on what it is you like to see. There are about 5-6 sites for your average diver in this area. If you are into macro, that number increases quite a bit.

Of course I am going to recommend Prana Dive as the dive operator because I am the Managing Partner. We teach everything from Open Water to Rebreather as well as doing guided dives. We happen to the only center in central Amed that does it all, from rec to tech which means we have proper safety protocols in place and believe in dive planning. We also do not limit your dive time to 60 minutes. Prana Dive has a resort attached, Teratai Boutique Resort which makes pre and post dive nice and easy.

You can PM me here or send an email to info@pranadive.com and I would be happy to discuss your trip a bit further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom