Used gear that I saw for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tengsr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
"Regulator was used only once years ago, stored well!

Scuba Pro MK 2
With R 190 Breathing Regulator-- $110

also have a Scuba Pro Rec TEK BCD, M-L without inflation-- $120

If you want to buy both together I will sell them for $210
I'm accepting offers"

Does anyone know about that stuff? I've got a good reg, but I do need a better octo and my BC has seen its day

The MK2/R190 is a very simple non balanced piston type reg that is bullet proof and very easy to rebuild. It's extremely simple and reliable.
Tech divers love those for deco bottles because they are great regs and easy to DIY rebuilds with viton O-rings and O2 lube for the higher O2 percentages.
I use a MK2/R190 for just regular diving (along with others) and would pick it over many other more expensive regs if I had to only choose one.

The BC I would pass on, that's just me. I like the more simple solution of a BP/W or back pack.

Don't you still have that really cool bcd for sale ZKY?

If you're buying used, I don't know if I'd settle for an unbalanced regulator. That's just me. I picked up an Oceanic Zeta for not much of anything. Craigslist is your best friend, especially if you're not in a hurry.

However, ZKY knows a ton more than I do, so if he recommends this one, it may be ok. I just like balanced regs.

Balanced is better dude..I wouldn't buy that. I wouldn't pay anything for any of that gear.

Watch out for used gear and remember that you really, really should have it serviced by someone who knows what they are doing before you take it in the water. This costs money on top of the money you paid for questionable gear. I am not saying that awesome deals on used gear are not out there, but you have to be patient and know what to watch out for..

I'm with ReefHugger. Pass and for just a little more buy new.

Back
Top Bottom